Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Romantic Mice Valentines Card - Guest Designer Lesley Oman



Hello everyone!
Its Lesley Oman again, from Hungry Heffy Crafts, and I am delighted to be back with another guest designer post for Gerda Steiner Designs! This time I am working with the sweet Fall Mice stamp set - aren't they adorable! I figured that Valentines Day is fast approaching and so I was inspired to use soft, romantic colours, and I wanted my card to have a love theme! Lucky for me, the stamp set has a great greeting which says Sending You Love and Blessings, which was perfect for this card. I wanted to create a soft, romantic background, so I grabbed a large text print stamp from my stash and clear heat embossed the image onto some watercolour cardstock. I used some post-it tape as a mask along the crease to make sure the back of my card stays clean.


Next I used a few distress inks to blend some colour over the top of my embossed image- with soft Spun Sugar at the top blending into Picked Raspberry, and then a Shaded Lilac at the bottom. I had to work this pretty hard, but I got there in the end! Next I stamped two sweet mice from the Fall Mice stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs onto watercolour cardstock, and painted these with my watercolour paint. I used the wet on wet technique to build up some soft, blended colours then I used my heat tool to dry the paint completely, before adding some shadows. Next I created my own watercolored heart - using a heart die as a guide. This is for my mouse to hold behind his back. Aren't they adorable!? To create a panel for my greeting, I used a scalloped rectangle die, but by running it through my cuttlebug machine a couple of times, I was able to create a uniquely sized rectangle that was just the right size! I stamped and heat embossed the greeting from the stamp set on the white panel, and then added a touch of spun sugar distress ink to give it a pop of subtle colour.
 

To create some contrast on the card, I wanted to add a frame using some dark grey cardstock but unfortunately I only had scraps left over. I didn't let that stop me though - I simply cut the frame in two parts, and then stuck these to the card, hiding the join behind the scalloped rectangle panel. I also mounted the watercolour heart on the same grey cardstock so it had a nice frame, and then stuck my card all together. To finish, I darkened the eyes with a little sakura glaze pen, and added a sweet wooden heart and some adhesive pearls! Thank you so much for joining me again. I had such fun playing with these stamps, and I am sure you will too.

Check out the video below for a full tutorial on how I made this fun card!



 x Lesley Oman aka Hungry Heffy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!