Friday, June 24, 2016

VIDEO: Coloring with Prismacolors featuring Happy Fall

Hi guys!  It's Tara from Curl E. Cue's and I have a super fun project using the adorable squirrel from the Happy Fall stamp set to share with you today.  These little squirrels just tickle me!  They are so cute!


To create the background I die cut some trees out of the same Neenah card stock that I used to create my card base.  I glued them directly to the card base without coloring them to create a nice, subtle forest for my little squirrel to hang out in.  Once I had the trees all glued on I die cut a portion of the front of the card base with a stitched circle die.  This makes a window for my squirrel so he can be on the inside and the outside of the card at once!



My sentiment is nice and simple to go with the theme.  To me, that squirrel looks like he was surprised while he was munching on that acorn and you snuck up for a quick hi!  I used my Prismacolors to color in the squirrel image.  The trick to great coloring with the Prismacolors is to use a lot of layers.  I also smooth things out with the blender pencil when I'm all done.  The texture that this coloring medium leaves behind is so great for critters and fur!


I hope you enjoyed the project today!  Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you all next time!  Thanks for stopping by!  Bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPPLIES


5 comments:

  1. I love squirrels and your card makes me love them even more ! Your idea of the opening of the front of the card is really great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to GSD and loving the cute images! I enjoyed you video- absolutely loved the white die cut on white and the prismacolor tutorial ! I will look for you videos in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card and great tutorial video! I use Prisma Colour pencils and now know how to colour properly - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, this is totally adorable! Great video...super fun white-on-white die cut card base!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!